Navigating the Book of Revelation: Special Studies on Important Issues is the first book produced from Dr. Gentry's Revelation Commentary Project's research. In it the student of Revelation will find fifteen special studies on key issues for working his way through John's mysterious book. Some of the studies are technical studies; some are more general. All offer important insights into the preterist interpretation of Revelation.
In this work you will see how John put on the mantle of the Old Testament prophet to confront Israel in her rebellion. You will understand his anger with Israel, paralleling John the Baptist, Jeremiah, Isaiah, and Ezekiel
You will learn how he denounces Israel for her persecuting Christians and how he "excommunicates" the temple as an idol for Israel. You will learn much about Israel's involvement with Rome against young Christianity. You will also find answers to perplexing questions, such as: "Why did John send such a Hebraic book to Asian Christians?"
In addition, you will find an important Appendix that resoundingly answers the charge of Anti-Semitism, which is often hurled at preterism.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 1: GENERAL INTRODUCTION TO PRETERISM
1. A.D. 70 and Redemptive History
2. The Date of Revelation
3. Interpretive Approaches to Revelation
PART 2: SPECIAL ISSUES IN REVELATION
4. The Sealed Scroll as a Divorce Certificate
5. The Jewish Persecution of Christianity
6. The "Cast Out" Temple
7. The Jewish Temple as Idol
8. Hebrew Riddles, 666, and Asian Christians
9. The Land Beast and the High Priestly Aristocracy
10. The Jewish Temple and the Beast's Throne
11. Jerusalem and the Babylonian Harlot
12. The Harlot's Dress and Jerusalem's Decor
13. Nero and the Beast that "Was"
14. The Martyr's Millennium
15. New Creation and New Covenant
Anti-Semitism and Preterism
Subject and Name Index
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!